The day after Thanksgiving marks the “official” start of the Christmas season and there are a few things I like to do to transition from holiday to holiday.
- Leave the dishes. Forget about the post-Thanksgiving destruction in your dining room and kitchen for now. Enjoy the day off.
- Pumpkin pie for breakfast. One of the best parts of Thanksgiving is the leftovers. I love to start off my morning with a slice of pumpkin pie piled high with whipped cream.
- Go outside. Chances are you spent hours in the kitchen preparing food or in front of the T.V. watching football yesterday. Get some fresh air.
- Get some coffee. I don’t know what it is about going to coffee shops, but getting dressed just to buy a cup of coffee makes me feel less lazy on a day when absolutely nothing is required of me.
- NO Black Friday sales. Avoid the angry mobs fighting over sales at the mall at all costs. Trampling or getting trampled by strangers for a 10% discount is not the way to kick off the Christmas season.