Despite my best efforts, my cold has turned into a full-blown flu. I suppose it’s my own fault for not getting the flu vaccine this year (ever, really). Dealing with chills, body aches, fever, and congestion is never a good time, but there are a few things I keep at the ready to help ease the discomfort. Here is my list of must-haves for surviving flu season, should you be so unlucky to catch it. Hint: everything that touches your body should be big and fluffy.
- A big comfy sweater that I can snuggle into whenever the chills set in.
- A super soft plush throw for curling up on the couch.
- Matzo ball soup. Matzo balls are the perfect addition to any hearty chicken soup. (If matzo ball soup isn’t available, tomato soup is next on my list.)
- Orange juice and tea. Not a big surprise there.
- Meds. As I’m prone to sinus infections, I’m a big fan of Sudafed to keep the congestion at bay.
- A movie that I could watch anyday and have seen hundreds of times, so I don’t feel like I’ve missed something if I dose off in the middle. (My favorites: Pride and Prejudice, You’ve Got Mail, Under the Tuscan Sun, or Chocolat)
- Back rub from the boyfriend – all around good for the soul (and for the body aches).